Monday, May 2, 2011

Princess for the Day!

Well many of you know that today is my birthday.  It is also my anniversary or as I like to call it my banniversary.  We were going to take today off of work just to spend the day together, go to lunch, etc.  But when I had to miss a day of work in February for my tubes, we decided to celebrate this weekend.  We had dinner at Uncle Ernies with some of our friends plus a little game night and Cold Stone Icecream cake.  On Saturday we went to the beach and went to dinner at Saltwater Grill.  Yesterday we took Bowden to Mexico Beach for the day!  We have been celebrating ALL weekend long and I didn't think it could get any better.  Well....I was wrong (I'm beginning to see that happen a lot more in my "old" age).  BTW....one of my students guessed that I was turning 13 so I think I'll stick with that!  When I got to school today my kids were so excited to see me.  They all wished me a happy birthday and then my sweet Chloe handed me a present.  She had this big smile on her face and could not wait for me to open it.  Inside was a Birthday Princess crown that she had made just for me!  I could have started crying right then.  This crown will go in my teacher box to keep forever!  There is nothing like the heart of a child and I am so blessed to be able to see that everyday!  It made me feel so special that she had taken the time to even think about it!  Her mom said that she saw it and just had to make it for my birthday....How Sweet!!!  To top it off, she gave me a singing card with "Can't Touch This" playing.  Another student gave me a card singing "Shake Your Booty"  Do my kids know me or what??   I have had the BEST day ever and my WONDERFUL husband sent me some beautiful flowers to top it off!  Thank you everyone for making me feel so loved and special!!  I am blessed beyond measure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment