Thursday, April 21, 2011

Out Of The Mouth Of Babes

We were talking at lunch the other day about certain things our kids have done that we will never forget.  Here was mine.  My first year at Tyndall I was teaching second grade.  I had one of the funniest kids I have ever met.  I mean EVERYONE knew this child.  He had made his mark at our school for sure.  It must have been the last week of school because we were having a game day and I remember having so much to do. My brain was on overload for sure!!  I was hoping to take some of that time to get some work done, but then Mikey asked me to play Yahtzee.  There was no way I was saying no to this child so I sat right down and started rolling the dice.  It went around a couple of times and everyone was having fun.  And just so everyone knows.....just because you are the teacher, it does not mean you have to let the other kids win.  I'm not going to lie, the game got pretty intense.  Don't worry.  I managed to stay in there.  I can hold my own when it comes to some board games.  Well it got to be Mikey's turn again and well it was getting pretty serious. What does he do??  He picks up the dice.  Shakes them in his hand and says (and I quote) "Momma needs a brand new pair of shoes" as he throws the dice on the board.  And this again is why I love my job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment